Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kirby Planet Robobot Review

OK, so the latest Kirby game known as Kirby Planet Robobot came out nearly a month ago from today in North America. I own a copy of the game now and will give my full review on it. This will NOT contain spoilers, I will NOT be that specific with the details of the story. I will be talking about just the beginning of the game and the gameplay.



Here I go.



The game begins with an alien invasion on planet Popstar (which is Kirby's home planet). A huge ship latches  5 parts of it onto planet Popstar. Kirby notices the ship and rushes to it to destroy the 5 parts that latched on to the planet and then will enter the ship and confront the aliens there. (Sorry if i suck at explaining things).



That is all I am going to say about the story. I will now move on to the gamplay.



The game is a platformer and plays similar to Kirby Triple Deluxe (inhaling enemies, copying their abilitys and using their powers, etc). The main difference is when you get into the robobot armor. Kirby hops inside the robobot armor, which is redesigned to look like Kirby. Instead of eating the enemies, the robobot scans them to get their powers. The robobot can scan a wheel enemy and turn into a car, scan a enemy using a jet and turn into a flying jet, etc. The robobot can punch, but it cannot go in the air infinitely like Kirby can (unless a jet ability is copied). That's all I can say about the gameplay. (Again, sorry if I suck at explaining things).



Now is what I think about the game. It is very fun and entertaining and has a good plot, and the controls aren't bad, but on top of that I usually would nearly never stop playing the game. In fact, I beat story mode the first day I got the game!



Now is my rating on the game of a scale to 0 (which is bad), to 10 (which is amazing). I give this game a solid 9.4 out of 10. I found it incredibly cool to play as Kirby in a mech suit, and the story was good, and so was all the other things about the game. I found story mode too short, which take 0.6 points off of the perfect 10 score. It's my favorite Kirby game so far, and I recommend this to anyone including Nintendo fans, Kirby fans, or someone who just started playing the Kirby franchise.




No comments:

Post a Comment